5 Totally Weird Things to Do at Disney Springs
Disney Springs is one of the most underrated hotspots on Walt Disney World property. While it does not technically qualify as a theme park, it is most certainly an attraction! This admission-free epicenter showcases an endless array of shopping, dining, and entertainment. But there are some that are more -shall we say – eccentric than others! Gear up, y’all… because this ain’t your grandma’s classic boat ride! This is out top 5 list of Totally Weird Things to Do at Disney Springs!
1. Drive a Car That Swims
Ready for an unforgettable and thrilling adventure? How about a 25-minute Guided Tour around Lake Buena Vista in a vintage car… that also swims!
Amphicars are the only vehicles that can drive on both land and water. And get this – there less than 400 in the entire world.
Tours are available at Boathouse Boutique on the first come first serve basis, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Pricing: $125 per car (Up to 3-4 people in the car per)
- Pro Tip: Skip the sunny days and head to Boathouse of a cloudy day! You’ll find better photo opportunities upon the water if there is a bit of an overcast.
2. Dine with Dinosaurs
Number #2 on our 5 Totally Weird Things to Do at Disney Springs is going to send you back 200 million years to dine among the dino.
T-Rex is an immersive-themed restaurant with runs of creative cuisine fun around every bend.
Several themed rooms await, from color-changing ice caverns to a fern forest buzzing with giant wasps. Witness rumbling meteor showers, fiery “explosions,” squawking pterosaurs, wooly mammoths, a massive undulating octopus, and life-sized animatronic dinosaurs—including a 15-foot-tall T. Rex!
- Pro Tip: If you wish to dine a T-Rex, be sure to tell your Traveling Mouse Company Travel Agent about ASAP!
3. Ride In a Hot Air Balloon
Soar sky-high during an 8-minute tethered adventure in the world’s largest hand-painted helium balloon.
Custom-built for Disney, the Aéro30 ascends to heights of up to 400 feet.
Bring your entire friends and family because this balloon basket holds up to 29 people!
Tickets can be purchased at the attraction location on a first-come, first-served basis.
$25 for adults (ages 10 and older)
$20 for children (ages 3 to 9)
- Pro Tip: Leave the camera behind. These breathtaking views are meant to be experience with you own eyes… in real time. If you can’t live in the moment 400 feet in the air… where can you?!
4. Get Sugar High
Modeled after a 1920s bottling plant, the Coca-Cola Store Orlando offers unique branded gear from T-shirts and mugs to phone cases and chapstick. On the rooftop bar you will find an array of cold, frozen and specialty adult drinks.
Similar to Club Cool at Epcot, the Coca-Cola Store offers inventive tasting options of some of the world’s most beloved bubbly beverages, including:
Sample up to 5 refills (within an hour of initial purchase) or blend any of the 100 self-serve choices to create new flavors.
Create-Your-Own Beverage Experience
Play mixologist—muddle fresh ingredients to craft your own delicious concoctions.
Tastes Around the World Try up to 16 different beverages from various countries when ordering an International, Float or Combo tray.
- Pro Tip: If you love sampling fun flavors from Club Cool… just wait! We strongly suggest you bring your friends along and make this a group activity!
5. Watch a Volcano Erupt!
Outside and above the ever-exotic Rainforest Café rest a massive smoldering volcano!
Come dusk, this volcano erupts with an elaborate fireball spectacular.
You can see it every 30 minutes, on the hour and half hour. Each eruption takes around 2 minutes and can be seen from all around the Marketplace.
- Pro Tip: The closer you get – the more you can feel the heat! So, have your camera ready because the reaction from your littles is going to be priceless!
And there you have it, our 5 Totally Weird Things to Do a Disney Springs. Pretty cool stuff, huh? Be sure to let us know if you have any weird things you’d add to the list. And while you’re at it, check out a few of our other recent articles:
- Disney World’s Top Resort Gift Shops
- Disney Parks on Disney+
- Where to Stay at Disney World and Why! (Deluxe Resort Edition)
- How to Plan a BIG Family Trip to Disney!
Until next time… see you real soon!