Top 5 Things to Do at Disney World at Christmastime!
There is nothing quite like Christmastime at Walt Disney World. The magic of Disney and majesty of Christmas work together to make one unforgettable experience. We’re so exciting for the season that we’ve created a list of the Top 5 Things to Do at Disney World at Christmas! So, bundle up and come take a walk around this winter wonderland with us!
International Festival of the Holidays at Epcot
Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays is hands down my favorite Holiday offering on all of Walt Disney World! And believe me, there is some steep competition!
Some of Our Favorite Epcot Holiday Offerings
- Candlelight Processional
- Holiday Cookie Stroll
- Holiday Kitchens
But nothing competes with the Holiday Storytellers. This international array of storytellers share tales in each World Showcase pavilion, several times throughout the day.
Full List of Holiday Storytellers
- Las Posadas Celebration (Mexico Pavilion) – ¡Feliz Navidad! Join the fun and pageantry of Las Posadas with dancers, piñatas and the music of Mariachi Cobre.
- A Mischievous Magical Barn Santa (Norway Pavilion) – Celebrate the season with laughter as a mischievous Barn Santa visits Sigrid, an unsuspecting Christmas storyteller.
- Chinese Lion Dancer (China Pavilion) – Catch a glimpse of this colorful performance that brings good fortune and happiness in the Lunar New Year.
- La Befana (Italy Pavilion) Come hear the tale of La Befana, the kind-hearted witch who visits sleeping young children on the Eve of the Epiphany.
- Santa Claus (The Odyssey Pavilion) Get ready for Christmas with Santa Claus now through December 24. Whether you know him as St. Nick, Père Noël or Father Christmas, a visit with jolly Santa Claus brings good cheer to the season.
- Daruma Storyteller (Japan Pavilion) – Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year!
- Hanukkah Storyteller (Between Morocco and France Pavilions) Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah along World Showcase promenade, where a storyteller recounts traveling abroad to explore the diverse music and traditions of Hanukkah around the world.
- Père Noël (France Pavilion) Visit with Père Noël and rediscover the magic of Christmas through the letter of a delightful child.
- Father Christmas (United Kingdom Pavilion) Join Father Christmas as he rings in the season, sharing the traditions of the United Kingdom and good cheer.
- Canadian Holiday Voyageurs (Canada Pavilion) Explore holiday customs from the various regions of Canada on a musical tour of the Great White North with the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
Christmas Tree Resort Hopping
Beginning late November, Disney Resorts gets dressed up for the holidays. And every single resort on the property gets in on the act!
Some of Our Favorite Resort Holiday Overlays
- Hawaiian decorations at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- African-Inspired Masks and Craftwork on the Tree at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Life-Size Gingerbread House at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- 60-foot-tall Wildlife-Inspired Tree at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
One of the best parts about resort hopping is that it is FREE! So, consider taking a “rest day” in the middle of your Walt Disney World vacation and spend a little time getting in the Christmas spirit.
Sunset Seasons Greetings, a projection shows on the face of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, features festive images that come to life before your very eyes. Pair that with a little hot cocoa and snow fall overhead, and you’ve got yourself a true winter wonderland.
Some of Our Favorite Disney’s Hollywood Studios Holiday Offerings
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Don’t miss Minnie’s merry mealtime at this popular restaurant. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Santa Claus Motorcade – Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable holiday finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Dazzling Holiday Décor – Discover seasonal style at every turn—including special holiday touches in Toy Story Land.
Tree of Life Awakens (Holiday Overlay)
Animal Kingdom’s Tree of Life awakens to tell a special series of holiday tales. Each story unfolds in a distinctive style, showcasing some of the most heartwarming imagery to grace all four parks. In addition, this one-of-a-kind experience features a holiday-inspired musical scores that sets the tone just right.
In my opinion, this offering is superior to the projection shows offered at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I think a lot of that has to do with the tranquility and grace of each movement, creating a love letter to nature.
But this magically show only plays once a day. So, be sure to adjust your schedule accordingly. We promise, it is worth it. If you need help planning your agenda for your upcoming trip, check with your Traveling Mouse Company Travel Agent!
Some of Our Favorite Animal Kingdom Holiday Offerings
- Holiday Flotillas
- Merry Menagerie
- The Animal Kingdom Christmas Tree
Since 2013, the Jingle Cruise has been providing holiday cheer while sailing the yuletide. Everything within this classic attraction gets a Christmas facelift, from the queue decorations and music loop to the names of boat to the Skipper script!
Some of Our Favorite Jingle Cruise Boat Names
- Icicle Irma
- Poinsettia Sal
- Yulelog Lolly
- Candy Cane Connie
Final Thoughts on Top 5 Things to Do at Disney World at Christmastime!
Our final thought is…. we can’t get enough Disney World at Christmastime! It was almost impossible to keep this list to only 5! Are there any that we missed that would have made your top 5? Let us know in the Facebook comments!
Till Next Time… SEASON’S GETTINGS.